Many of our clients / patients keep asking for healthy food options for their fussy Kids.
Following are some of the ideas that can work with Kids.
- Please check if your Kid / Child is in any sort of discomfort. At times they are not able to explain their discomfort
- Kid mightnt be eating as he she is already full
- Activity levels of the kids also should be monitored and tried to increase. In case the children are sitting infront of the TV / computer the whole day it is but natural that their appetite levels are low.
- Make food interesting by including a lot of variety in the food. Some Food options are listed in the table below
- Ensure that right serving size is served to kid and not try to over full him. Kids in different age groups have different requirements. e.g. a toddler doesnt grow as fast as a baby.
- Try to increase the number of meals rather than the meal size. Dont expect your child to have three proper meals a day instead try to give him / her 5-6 meals
- Let your kid have food at the fixed time for him / her to be able to get into the routine of having proper meals
- Treat them at times with foods which you know mightnt be an healthy option (like ICE CREAM) but they love the taste of it. Dont expect them to have boiled vegetables.
- Refusing to eat is common as that kids are in a stage where they want to take control of things and refusal to food is the easiest thing for them.
- In case things dont work for you still – consult a dietitian/ dietician / nutritionist to understand what and how much would be the best for your child.
Following are some of the healthy food options for kids