- Palak / Spinach – ½ Cup puree
- Besan / Gram Flour – ½ Cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder
- Ginger, finely chopped – 2 tsp
- Hari Mirch – optional
- Ghee for pan frying
Steps to be followed
- Clean, wash and blanch the Palak / Spinach
- Leave in colander to drain
- Squeeze out excess liquid. Grind the greens to a puree
- Mix in besan, salt, red chilli powder, ginger, and hari mirch. Put aside for 15 minutes
- Shape the mixture into balls of desired size.
- Flatten balls a little. If not thick enough to shape, you can drop spoonfuls directly into the pan.
- Heat a non – stick pan with a thin layer of ghee, place the kababs in it over high heat
- Turn and then continue cooking over medium heat till brown, first on one side then the other
Serve accompanied with Mint Chutney.